Once upon a time the word "green" simply identified our corporate colour and branding. Today "green" implies a huge spectrum of ideas, practices and philosophies. It is a priority and the focus on being environmentally responsible and proactive is growing at Flanagan's.
Flanagan's is committed to the cause and proactively "green" on a number of fronts. Some highlights include:
- A 250-kilowatt solar system consisting of 1,300 solar panels that cover about 100,000 square feet of the roof at the Kitchener facility.
- Rainwater collection system for washing trucks.
- Heat exchanger to make use of excess heat from compressors to heat the freezer and cooler floors.
- Published a green catalogue featuring environmentally friendly products.
- Pioneered Canada's first ammonia/co2 brine system in a new expansion at the Kitchener facility. The safe, environmentally friendly system helps Flanagan's reduce our carbon footprint.
Friends of We Care
Friends of We Care is a network of more than eighty organizations from the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry united with a common goal of sending Easter Seals Kids to summer camps nationwide. For more than 25 years, Friends of We Care has raised money through events, sponsorships and direct donations to provide kids the chance to focus on their abilities, not their disabilities.
Flanagan Foodservice is actively involved with Friends of We Care. Each year we raise tens of thousands of dollars to send children with disabilities to camp to play sports, have adventures, and make lasting friendships. Over the years we have contributed more than $1 million to Friends of We Care, ensuring that 4,000 children have had the opportunity to experience a day at an Easter Seals summer camp.
For more information, visit http://friendsofwecare.org/
An international non-profit organization, Speroway provides access to food, healthcare, and education for children and their families in Canada and globally.
In 2016 alone, Flanagan Foodservice donated over a quarter of a million dollars’ worth of food to Speroway. We are proud to support the solution of poverty in young children and families in our community, our country, and across the globe.
For more information, visit: http://speroway.com/
Flanagan Foodservice also provides support to these (and many other) worthwhile community and charitable causes:
- Relay for Life (Canadian Cancer Society)
- Junior Achievement
- Grand River Hospital Foundation
- Meals on Wheels
- Salvation Army
- Feed the Children Canada
- Habitat for Humanity
- House of Friendship
As a Canadian family owned and operated foodservice distributor, Flanagan Foodservice continues to refine our processes with an emphasis on the environment, sustainability, food safety, accessibility and our communities. Whether it be supporting sustainable fishing, finding opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint or supporting We Care, Flanagan's believes each step - large or small - is a step towards progress.
Cage Free Eggs