Warehouse Associate – Kitchener, Ontario
We are the premier foodservice distributor in Ontario. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering superior service, value and flexibility. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and treating our employees like family. Proudly named one of Canada's Best Managed for the 8th consecutive year in a row!
Join our Warehouse team! Now hiring a Warehouse Associate for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies on the day, afternoon and midnight shifts!
What it’s all about:
This position requires a dedicated individual who thrives in a physically demanding and challenging role. The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for meeting daily standards while performing a variety of different functions within the warehouse. Following all safety standards, high performance and ensuring customer satisfaction will all be required to be successful in this role.
What You'll Do:
- All warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, restocking, order picking, selecting, loading/unloading;
- Operating an End Rider, with the potential to be cross-trained on Reach Truck and Lift Truck;
- Housekeeping & recycling, minor maintenance;
- Safekeeping of company equipment and product, maintaining safety of yourself and those around you;
- End of day task follow up;
- A willingness to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Must demonstrate an adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Experience, and/or training within a warehouse environment, and with WHIMIS, food safety, lifting techniques, and Material Handling Equipment is an asset;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) & strong customer service manner;
- Ability to work in multiple environments including colder climates - refrigerated and freezer areas;
- A good attitude, and a Team Player with respect for co-workers and customers;
- Be physically fit to lift heavy product consistently (up to 40kg) and enjoy an active career;
- Must be open to working weekends and statutory holidays. End time may change based on workload.