Recipe Yield: 50 portions
Serving size: 1 slice
Cooking method: Bake
Cooking temperature: 375F/195C
Cook time: 35-45 minutes
6 1/4 Each Pie Shell, Frozen 9 inch
38 each Egg, Shell Large
1 5/8 cup Milk, Skim Powder
1 5/8 L Water
1 5/8 L Spinach, Fresh, chopped
780 mL Onions, Fresh Green/Spring, chopped 1 5/8 cup Kale, Fresh
3/4 tsp Pepper, Black Ground
1 5/8 tsp Salt, Table
1 5/8 L Cheese, Cheddar Shredded
1. Wash hands before beginning preparation & sanitize surfaces & equipment. Preheat oven.
2. Take pie shells out of freezer and let thaw on counter for 15 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and skim milk powder and water.
4. Add all filling ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix well. Place thawed shells on baking sheet. Pour egg mixture into shells.
5. Bake at 375F for 35 minutes until CCP - Cook to an internal temp of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds. Slice quiche into 8.
6. CCP - *Maintain >140F/60C for only 4 hours.
7. CCP - *Cool: Product must reach 140F to 70F within 2 hours and 70F to 40F within 4 hours.
8. CCP - Reheat: To temp of 165F/74C held for 15 seconds, within 2 hours - one time only.
Calories: 298 kcal
Protein: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Vitamin K: 66 mcg
Each recipe was vetted by a dietician for nutrition and cost efficiency for LTC. These recipes were tested in smaller portions and then scaled up to 50 portions, thus the amount of some ingredients may be overestimated. Please make any adjustments necessary. NiD would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for improving scaled recipes.