Spinach and Cheese Quiche
Recipe Yield: 72 portions
Serving size: 1 slice (1/8th of a 9” pie)
Cooking method: Bake
Cooking temperature: 375 °F/190 °C
Cook time: 35-45 minutes
9, 9-inch frozen pie shells
38 each, Large eggs
2 cups, Skim milk powder
6 cups, Water
6 cups, Spinach (fresh or frozen), chopped
3 cups, Green onions (fresh), chopped
1 ½ cups, Kale (fresh or frozen) chopped
1 tsp Ground black pepper
2 tsp Table salt
6 cups, Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands before beginning preparation & sanitize surfaces & equipment. Preheat the oven. Take pie shells out of the freezer and let thaw on the counter for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and skim milk powder and water.
- Add all filling ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix well. Place the pie shells on a baking sheet. Pour egg mixture into shells
- Bake at 375 °F for 35 minutes until CCP - Cook to an internal temp of 165°F/74 °C held for at least 15 seconds. Slice quiche into 8 pieces.
- CCP - *Maintain >140 °F/60 °C for only 4 hours.
- CCP - *Cool: Product must reach 140 °F to 70 °F within 2 hours and 70 °F to 40 °F within 4 hours.
- CCP - Reheat: To temp of 165 °F/74 °C held for 15 seconds, within 2 hours - one time only.
Nutrition Facts for One Serving
Calories: 298 kcal
Protein: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Vitamin K: 66 mcg
Note: Nutrient composition provided is approximate and may vary by ingredients used and quantity prepared.