Tender and juicy prime rib patties are complemented with peameal bacon, maple-glazed onions, grainy Dijonnaise and smoked Cheddar cheese to create a truly Canadian burger.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1/4 cup (60 mL/2 oz) vegetable oil
1/4 cup (60 mL/2 oz) butter
4 large red onions (3 lb), thickly sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL/0.3 oz) chopped fresh thyme leaves
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp (5 mL) each kosher salt (0.3 oz salt) and pepper (0.1 oz)
1/4 cup (60 mL/2 oz) balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL/1.5 oz) maple syrup
1 cup (250 mL/8 oz) mayonnaise
1 cup (250 mL/9 oz) grainy Dijon mustard
2 tbsp (30 mL/1 oz) white vinegar
2 tsp (10 mL/0.2 oz) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL/1 oz) finely chopped chives
12 portions Grille & Galley™ 4 Oz. Prime Rib Beef Burger
24 slices (1 lb 8 oz) smoked Cheddar cheese
12 thick-cut slices (1 lb 8 oz) peameal bacon
12 crusty hamburger rolls, split
12 red leaf lettuce leaves (2.4 oz)
1. Heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions for 12 to 15 minutes or until softened. Add thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until very soft and golden brown.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in balsamic vinegar and maple syrup; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until almost completely evaporated. Let cool completely. Onions can be made up to 5 days in advance.
3. Stir together mayonnaise, grainy mustard, vinegar and sugar until well combined; fold in chives. Sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance.
4. Assembly (1 portion): Grill burger over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until well charred and just cooked through. Top with 2 slices of cheese; cook for 1 minute before removing from grill.
5. Grill peameal bacon for 5 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. Grill hamburger roll for about 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Spread 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise sauce over bottom half of toasted roll. Top with lettuce, slice of peameal bacon and burger. Spoon 1/4 cup (60 mL) onions over burger; cap with top half of roll.
Per 1 burger (1/12 recipe)
Saturated Fat 22g
Trans Fat 1.5g