Recipe Yield: 50 portions Serving size: 1 each
Cooking method: Bake
Cooking temperature: 400F/200C
Cook time: 12 minutes
527 g Carrots, Fresh, shredded 27 g Orange, Zest
2 kg Muffin Mix, Bran
150 g Wheat Germ
5/8 tsp Nutmeg, Ground
5/8 tsp Cloves, Ground
1 1/8 tsp Turmeric, Ground
1 1/8 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
1 1/8 L Juice, Orange
1. Wash hands before beginning preparation & sanitize surfaces & equipment.
2. Preheat oven, spray muffin pans with cooking spray or use muffin.
3. Wash and peel carrots. Shred carrots with a grater. Zest orange and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix well.
5. Add the shredded carrots and orange zest. Stir to evenly incorporate.
6. Add orange juice to mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
7. Add about 1 Tbsp muffin mixture to each muffin well. Lower oven to 350F/176C and bake until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
9. CCP - *Maintain <40F/4C after service for storing.
Calories: 203 kcal
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Vitamin A: 92 Retinol Equivalent
Each recipe was vetted by a dietician for nutrition and cost efficiency for LTC. These recipes were tested in smaller portions and then scaled up to 50 portions, thus the amount of some ingredients may be overestimated. Please make any adjustments necessary. NiD would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for improving scaled recipes.