Orange Carrot Muffins
Recipe Yield: 52 portions
Serving size: 1 each
Cooking method: Bake
Cooking temperature: 350 °F (176 °C)
Cook time: 12 minutes
5 cups, Fresh carrots, shredded
Zest of 3 oranges
11 ½ cups, Bran muffin mix
¾ cup + 1 Tbsp, Wheat Germ
1 tsp, Ground nutmeg
1 tsp, Ground cloves
2 tsp, Ground turmeric
4 tsp, Ground cinnamon
4 cups, Orange Juice
- Wash hands before beginning preparation & sanitize surfaces & equipment.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (176 °C), spray muffin pans with cooking spray or use paper muffin cups.
- Wash and peel carrots. Shred carrots with a grater. Zest orange and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the shredded carrots and orange zest. Stir to evenly incorporate.
- Add orange juice to the mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
- Add 1 blue scoop (63 g) muffin mixture to each muffin cup (⅔ full). Bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the cooling rack.
- CCP - *Maintain <40 °F/4 °C after service for storing.
Nutrition Facts for One Serving
Calories: 203 kcal
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Vitamin A: 92 Retinol Equivalent
Note: Nutrient composition provided is approximate and may vary by ingredients used and quantity prepared